Waikoloa Canoe Club
Board of Director Meeting Minutes
November 14, 2012
The meeting convened at 6:35 PM on November 14, 2012 at Hawaiian Dreams Office in Waikoloa Village.
All board members present except Bruce, Michael, and Ric.
President Jim Albone opened the meeting.
Acceptance of Previous Minutes
October 10, 2012 meeting minutes approved
October 10, 2012 Special meeting minutes approved
Treasurer’s Report: Michelle Gautier
- See Treasurer’s report for financials, accepted
- $960 received from the New Zealand team
- Derek motion to move the remaining balance required to complete payment for the Koa, $14,037.46 from savings to Koa fund. Michelle 2nd. Unanimously approved.
Coach’s Report: Derek Park & Jeb Goss
- Jim mentioned Jeb heard Gary Medina might be interested in coaching this year.
Moku Update: Jim Albone
- Meeting is Saturday and will vote on proposed changes
- Need to pay Moku for # of canoes in GWCR
Equipment Report: Derek Park
- Covers have been repaired and are back at the beach
- Jeb has the last set of refinished Iakos and the first set of finished paddles. One more set of paddles to get refinished.
- Bill has not started repairing the racer yet, Derek will follow up to get it back
- OC1 Rack builds; Derek has blue prints started, finalizing this weekend, then will turn over to WLC and Martin, Greg, & Kea to spearhead the building.
- Drawing up blueprints to extend Halau roof to cover new Koa – Derek
- J6 cover need to check if in shed, Derek will find
- Trailer repair and ama holder will be next big repair to schedule, reinforce make fenders able to support weight, provide Kai Opua estimate of repair
- Paddle racks inside shed need to be rebuilt; Derek will look at plans to rebuild. Also replace/repair shelving
- Dollie, frame steel is already purchased and Derek has, table building and completion until after J3 is fixed.
KOA Log: Kim Pratt / Jim Albone
- Building Manu’s now, progress is a little slower now
- Still need to figure out what to do for Ama and Iakos, both just have to be of Hawaiian wood
Upcoming Events: Michael
- MC&A has March group, wants to use canoes to serve drinks on the beach, no updates
Waikoloa Land Company
- Outstanding follow up yet on gate keys and security plans, Jim will handle
Waikoloa Canoe Club Membership ID card – Michael absent – update next meeting
- Michael will find business card stock to start Jan 1 with next year’s membership renewals.
- Bernt has the forms up, Michelle with check on the cache clearing.
Christmas Trees at Mauna Lani; Michael absent – update next meeting
- $2k for the winning tree, Michael will get with Sue McCord
Indiegogo.com; Bruce –absent update next meeting
- Donation site for donation requests, donate x dollars and receive x item, Bruce will write up some language
Dominoes; Michael absent – update next meeting
- Waimea location will let us do 1 x month & they will donate 10% of proceeds in exchange for handing out flyers
Hi-5; Matt absent – update next meeting
- Matt set up, Michael and Matt discussed some incentives. Need to notify members. – Michelle will send email.
Legal Document for borrowing canoes
- No updates, Michelle will follow up
Canoes taken out at non practice times
- No other reports at this time
End of Season WCC Club Party; Kim
- Jeb’s house, November 17th. Kim to work on setting up for all club
Annual Membership meeting
- January 26th determined to be the date; 10AM at A-Bay
- Nominating Committee; Adrea off island, board to contact if interested in re-running
Recreational 8AM Paddling Directors
- Bruce running Tuesday, Kim/Derek running Sunday, no one available for Thurs, Michelle is contacting Michelle B. for if anyone is showing up and will follow up on volunteers
DQ Double Hull
- Adrea was to get Jeb price quote and Jeb to look at canoe – ask for update next meeting
- Leasing 2 canoes for $500 a month for 3 months starting November
2013 coach status
- Jim will send email
Ric Rapp still on the board
- Ric has not been to any board meetings or replied to most emails. Michelle motion to remove Ric from the board. Unanimously approved.
Meeting adjourned 7:05 PM
Next meeting December 12th, 6:30pm at Hawaiian Dreams