Posted by on Nov 3, 2016 in Minutes | Comments Off on Minutes: Oct. 5, 2016

Waikoloa Canoe Club

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Oct. 5, 2016

The meeting convened at  6:09 PM on Oct. 5, 2016 at the Waikoloa Village Association conference room.

Secretary in attendance and recorder of minutes:  Rami Ring

Board members present:  Lisa Legler, Aron Risley, Mike Bernstone, Jim Albone, Guy Davis, Rami Ring

Board members absent:  Steve Columbo, Bob Risley

Members in attendance:  Daniel Legler, Tom McHugh, Irene McHugh, Marcie Davis, Lyle Cabacungan, Henry Biscardi, Mike ChinQuee, Mike Goyette

President Lisa Legler opened the meeting.

Previous meeting minutes

  • Jim motions to approve, Guy seconds, all approve

Treasurer’s Report (Mike)

  • See attached
  • Cash funds of $20,000 are being held for final payment on restoration of Kama O Kalani

Coach’s Report (Jim in absence of Bob)

  • Pailolo race completed with 9 person crew
  • Moku Report
    • Guy suggests to add 70’s division, with qualified crews being sent to states

Kama O Kalani repair (Daniel)

  • Nothing new to report, possibly completed by Christmas

Equipment Report (Guy)

  • 48”-52”, 2 each purple steering blades have been ordered
  • J6 still off island, repair and repainting will be done as part of a deal Jim made in exchange for a women’s crew borrowing WCC’s canoe
  • Repair of top & sides of iakos have not been started yet
    • We are missing 1 set of iakos from one of the Mirages, possible mix up with Kai Opua
  • Daniel has been unable to find someone to refinish trailer to date, but will continue to work on it

Fundraisers (Lisa)

  • Ragner Relay-Jim motions to pass on fundraiser, all agree

Unfinished Business

  • No attendee from By Laws Committee
  • Off-island race policy
    • Due to Bob’s illness, will discuss next month
  • Jim will be advertising for coach for next year’s paddling season
  • Remainder of $750 ($230) has been paid to Jim for Pailolo Expenses

New Business

  • Rec paddling at A Bay (Lava Lava Paddling)
    • Jim makes a motion to allow rec paddling out of Lava Lava, Guy seconds, all in favor
    • Starting next week:  Mon-Fri 7:30-10:00, beach directors to be:
      • Mon-Guy, Tues- Mike CQ, Wed, Fri-Lyle, Thur-Lisa
    • Canoes need to be stored far away enough from OC1 so people can get to their canoes, wheels stored off the grass
    • All vehicles from paddling should be gone from Lava Lava parking lot by 10:00 unless dining at the restaurant
    • Lisa will send out an e-mail to the members of the club
  • Annual Meeting
    • Lisa to talk to WVA to reserve the room before announcing the meeting date
    • Aron makes a motion to schedule annual meeting Jan 7, 2017 at 10:00 am, Rami seconds, all in favor (pending availability of room)
    • Lisa to send out an e-mail asking for volunteers for nomination committee, and those running to send in their resumes
    • Rami to forward all new member’s e-mail addresses to Aron for club list

Next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2016 6:00 PM in the WVA conference room.

Meeting adjourned at  6:56 PM.