Waikoloa Canoe Club
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
The meeting convened at 6:05 PM on November 4, 2015, at the Waikoloa Village Association conference room.
Secretary in attendance and recorder of minutes: Kyle Combes
Board members present: Lisa Legler, Kyle Combes, Mike Bernstone, Ted Cassinelli, Mike Chinquee, Harold van Doren
Board members absent: Jim Albone
Head coach Daniel Legler present.
Members in attendance: Guy Davis, John Ciambrone, Bob Risley
Vice President Ted Cassinelli opened the meeting.
Previous meeting minutes
- Lisa motions to accept meeting minutes as amended. Unanimous approval.
Treasurer’s Report (Mike Bernstone)
- Not much activity, moved some money around between accounts
- Kyle motions to approve. Unanimous approval.
Coach’s Report (Daniel)
- Miloli‘i Ocean Festival this weekend
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings still happening, good turnout on Thursdays
MOKU Report (Lisa)
- No specifications as to what types of planks to be used in strip koa
- Lisa will vote in favor of all race rule changes
- Lisa moves to reject Article V (c) 2 amendment. Unanimous approval.
Equipment Report (Daniel)
- Hasn’t worked on ‘iakos yet, other repair priorities
- M2s & Bradley – Mike Akizawa busy until December, Daniel estimates 1 week per pair of boats
- Daniel will send out email explaining repair rotation, potential temporary shortage of canoes
- Lisa will send out email asking for volunteers to meet at Guy’s house on Nov. 20 to refinish paddles
- Dollies have been repaired, some tires possibly still leaking
- Daniel sent email to Bill Rosehill inquiring about koa supply, received response (attached)
- Lisa motions to rescind motion from the previous meeting to have Bill Rosehill repair Kama O Kalani due to unsatisfactory answers from Bill Rosehill. Unanimous approval.
- Mike Bernstone motions to give koa to Ray Bumatay for complete overhaul, terms to be determined. Unanimous approval.
- Chris having serious health issues, resigned – no longer handling Facebook
- Harold will send out email saying we need someone to manage Facebook account
Website Status (Kyle)
- Domain transfer complete
- Nothing, slow year
Annual Meeting (Lisa)
- Reserved WVA community room for December 12 from 10:00 AM till noon
Whale Watch Policy (Ted)
- Need policy regarding proximity to whales, distance from shore and other boats
- (Email attached)
Paddling History Talk
- Daniel and Ed will give talk to Waimea Country School kids on Nov. 13
Next meeting scheduled for December 2, 2015, at 6:00 PM in the Waikoloa Village Association conference room.
Meeting adjourned at 7:56 PM.