Posted by on Jul 14, 2014 in Minutes | Comments Off on Minutes – May 28, 2014

 

Waikoloa Canoe Club

Board of Director Meeting Minutes

May 28, 2014

The meeting convened at 6:30 PM on May 28, 2014, at Hawaiian Dreams Office in Waikoloa Village.

 

All board members present except Ric Rapp and Michelle Gautier

Coach Jeb Goss absent.

Members in attendance; Daniel Legler, Bob Risley, Aron Risley

 

President Jim Albone opened the meeting.

 

Acceptance of Previous Minutes

May 7, 2014 meeting minutes approved.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Michelle Gautier

  • See P & L Statement; Ocean Sports check received.
  • $6k has been received from Parker School.
  • The 50% payment ($12k) has been sent for the new canoes and is reflected in current asset accounts.
  • Mike requested a line item for the keiki rash guards since this is an annual expense.  Michelle to create line expense.
  • Lisa will update list of active members in Rec binder in Ric’s absence

 

Coach’s Report: Jeb Goss

  • Jeb absent
  • Kim is running the am practices
  • Jeb told Jim last weekend that we would not be sending crew this weekend to the long distance race.  Jennifer motion to send $120 to hosting club for not attending their race.  Lisa 2nd.  Unanimously approved.

 

Moku Update: Kim Pratt

  • No Moku meetings  until September

 

Equipment Report:

  • OC1 Rack Design – Harold, Daniel, and Ted
    • Color has been approved by WLC.  Daniel will go to Home Depot and arrange a will call order for Jim to pay for and Daniel will pick up. 
    • Need to number spaces as well.
  • Ho’omaluō  Iakos; Measurements taken at canoe weighing, waiting on being made.
  • Koa Inventory- On hold (200 board feet)
  • Makana I Ke Kai bulk heads/refinishing; Canoe is with Bill, sanding is done, Bill building bulkheads
  • Sand in canoes – Remind everyone to keep sand out of the canoes when getting in, Michael will add to the newsletter
  • Sale of canoes to Parker – Check received, we will hold onto canoes until 2 new ones arrive.
  • New canoes color – 5 votes for #1 design as sent via email to Jim, 1 vote for #2 design.  Jim ordered #1 design.  Jim will email and ask if they are placing the M2 logo on canoe.       
  • Equipment Manager; Harold & committee
    • J5 is unrigged- Daniel needs trailer to transport.  Harold will remove the track
    • Review of other canoes – Harold looked over the other canoes no other work at this time.
    • Paddle refinishing is complete, still need taping Lisa will look to complete after Sunday paddle with members there
    • Bob Risley does not have a shed key – Harold will get Bob a key
    • Canoe covers on hold until Beth returns
  • Paddle Inventory – Derek provided wish list of 28 paddles in 8 different sizes, Lisa will order based on Ric’s pricing at $55 ea for keiki paddles for 3-32”, 3-34”, 3-35”, 3-40”and 1 each of the 1-42’, 1-43”, 1-44”, 1-45”for 16 total paddles.  Michael motion to order 16 total keiki paddles at a cost no more than $60 per paddle excluding shipping from Mudbrook.  Lisa 2nd.  Unanimously approved.  Jim to fwd Ric’s contact email to Lisa to order. 

 

Old Business:

 

Upcoming Events & Fundraisers:

  • May 31st Honu Triathalon, 2 stations, adults station 6a-10a on road by Hapuna,  keiki on the run station 9a-3p
  • June 15th and 19th Panache request for 200 people is confirmed for leisure paddle outs, 4 glass canoes each day.  Time 11 am both days to 2:30pm.  $7,200 donation.

 

WLC

  • Halau roof extension, On hold

 

Fiji Paddle Display at Lava Lava

  • Jeb talked to Nick and they are looking at building a case for at Lava Lava

 

Rash Guard orders, sizes, new design; Lisa

  • Lisa inventoried most inventory, most is large/xlarge, need smalls/mediums, will finish inventory this weekend
  • Ted will send Lisa on suppliers

 

Code of Conduct and By-Laws

  • Ric will forward updates to COC in particular on liability and any other areas where liability language is in conflict to the board.
  • Code of Conduct discussion and Board Integrity
    • After meeting we will have an executive session of board members only
  • Paddle Directors Meeting;
    • Lisa send email to paddling directors, coaches, substitute paddle directors with Jim next week, will await until Ted returns to hold meeting, Harold can conference in.
    • Ric back June 10
    • Ted gone June 10 to July 22
    • Harold gone June 11 to end of September  
    • With Marty and Lucy gone, Lisa is doing Sundays, Ed is doing Thursdays, Jim will do June 10 Tuesday

 

Surf Ski Maintenance

  • Daniel will fix it and we will donate to kids club in Kona

 

Paying Dues online 2015 and beyond

  • On Hold – Michelle is working on getting pay pal up and running

 

OC1 Rack space lease terms

  • Mike requested to be able to pay rack dues online, Michelle to review options
  • Board to review Ric’s proposed changes to the lease form by the next board meeting.

 

GWCR committee; shirt design

  • Michael will send to Mua to offer a few designs.

 

Yearly Audit

  • Ric will send Michelle list of categories requested

 

Keiki Rash guards

  • Michelle ordered last week.

 

Finalizing all membership submissions

  • Iris and Dee Ann are handling finalizing keiki paperwork/photos
  • Jennifer will email remaining adults including Rec for 2014 waivers
  • Ric had volunteered to take rec photos previously

 

New Business

 

None

 

Meeting adjourned 7:43 PM

Next meeting will be July 2, 2014, 6:30 pm at Hawaiian Dreams Realty Offi