Waikoloa Canoe Club
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
The meeting convened at 6:01 PM on December 2, 2015, at the Waikoloa Village Association conference room.
Secretary in attendance and recorder of minutes: Kyle Combes
Board members present: Harold van Doren, Ted Cassinelli, Mike Bernstone, Kyle Combes, Jim Albone, Lisa Legler, Mike Chinquee
Board members absent: none.
Head coach Daniel Legler present.
Members in attendance: Guy Davis, Ruth van Doren, Bob Risley, Aron Risley
President Harold van Doren opened the meeting.
Previous meeting minutes
- Ted motions to approve minutes with amendments. Five in favor, one abstention. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report (Mike Bernstone)
- Paid MOKU/HCRA fees & insurance
- Lisa motions to accept treasurer’s report. Unanimous approval.
Coach’s Report (Daniel)
- No report
MOKU Report (Lisa)
- All MOKU race rule changes passed
- Strip koa canoes did not pass (voted down 10:4)
- Received HCRA race rules ballot
- Ted motions to cover any remaining airfare for Lisa to attend the HCRA annual meeting in Oahu. Unanimous approval.
Equipment Report (Daniel)
- Two boats in currently being repaired by Tiger. All canoes should be finished by January.
- Amas being repaired; Iakos repaired.
- Paddles being repaired – Guy leading effort
- Buoys fixed
- Daniel will manage for the rest of the year. Kyle will send login credentials.
Fundraiser Status (Jim)
- Don’t have time to approve this year.
Coach Selection Procedure (Harold)
- January motion was to approve Daniel with two-year commitment from Daniel. The 2016 board will still have the final say in whether or not he is coach next year.
- Lisa motions to handle any tie at the next annual club meeting with a vote among the three newly elected board members who received the highest number of votes. Five in favor, one abstention. Motion passed.
- Mike CQ makes motion for all six man fiberglass canoes be rigged and ready for use.
- Lisa: Put Bradley Lightning at bottom of pile to discourage use.
- Vote: 2 in favor, 5 opposed. Motion defeated.
- Tahitian will be brought down and stored next to fiberglass canoes while the other canoes are in for repairs.
Assistance in Covering Chris Nilsen’s Unexpected Medical Expenses
- Jim motions to ratify decision made via email to donate $500 to the family of Chris Nilsen to help cover medical expenses. Unanimous approval.
Buying or Selling Canoes
- No motions
Annual Meeting Agenda (Harold)
- Will follow last year’s agenda
Next meeting date will be set by the new board.
Meeting adjourned 7:33 PM.