Posted by on Oct 14, 2014 in Minutes | Comments Off on Minutes – August 6, 2014

Waikoloa Canoe Club

Board of Director Meeting Minutes

August 6, 2014

The meeting convened at 6:36 PM on August 6, 2014, at Hawaiian Dreams Office in Waikoloa Village.

 

All board members present except Jennifer Bolstad, Lisa Legler

Harold Van Doren attended via conference call

Coach Jeb Goss absent

Members in attendance; Daniel Legler and Guy Davis.

 

President Jim Albone opened the meeting.

 

Acceptance of Previous Minutes

July 2, 2014 meeting minutes approved.

 

Treasurer’s Report: Michelle Gautier

  • See P & L Statement;
  • Michelle will email Harold copy of financials
  • Ric brought example of category report.  A discussion of how many different reports should be generated occurred.  Michelle to send out a 2013 and 2014 report of Itemized Categories to Board.  

 

Coach’s Report: Jeb Goss

  • Jeb absent

 

Moku Update: Kim Pratt

  • No Moku meetings  until September

 

Equipment Report:

  • OC1 Rack Design – Mike, Harold, Daniel, and Ted
    • Daniel will call Home Depot to get everything together and delivered.
    • Need to number spaces
    • Probably install in the fall.  But work has started.
  • Ho’omaluō  Iakos; Doug said ready end of July, will be ready in about 2 weeks
  • Koa Inventory- On hold (200 board feet)
  • New canoes are delivered.  Blessing on hold due to hurricane.  Maybe do Canoes will be numbered J2 and J3.
  • Equipment Manager; Harold & committee
    • J5 Hull repair – Jim took to Bill with Tahitian and Koa (both of those he fixed free of charge)
    • J3 Ama repair – complete
    • J5’s Iakos  – complete
    • Canoe covers – waiting on Beth to get back;
      • Ted motioned for Beth to make a cover for 1 canoe (Kanelike) and we can determine from there if she wants to do more (unless she prefers to do all 3 at once).  Unanimously approved.  Ted will work with her on it.
    • Covers for new canoes – Ted will call Kai to get quote; Also will call Hawaiian canvas
    • Spray skirts for new canoe –  should get one for one of the new canoes
    • Paddle refinishing is complete for first round, Second round of refinishing needs to happen in September and October. Who do? Still need more taping of the new paddles, at races this weekend will tape paddles there and remaining on Sunday have rec tape the rest.
  • Paddle Inventory – keiki order arrived. Let’s leave them in the box and put away until next season – Michael motioned – unanimously approved.

 

Old Business:

 

Upcoming Events & Fundraisers:

  • Ironman – October 11th
  • Chrysalis is inquiring about a September event – still no word
  • Kelly LaFrance – Benefact Cosmetics wants a regatta – January 27thJim is working with her
  • September 14 – wedding guests want to paddle (from Johnny Mac) – we can give a break from our normal $300 and can do it for $250 per canoe per hour.

 

WLC

  • REMOVE from agenda

 

Fiji Paddle Display at Lava Lava

  • REMOVE from agenda

 

Rash Guard orders, sizes, new design; Lisa

  • Keep same design, Michelle will work on determining sizes to order. Michelle will f/u with Lisa on inventory.

 

Code of Conduct and By-Laws

  • Ric will forward updates to COC in particular on liability and any other areas where liability language is in conflict to the board.  He’s made changes and will send them to the Board electronically. 
    • Ric pointed out some areas that need to be covered such as who names head coach, if strokers really need to be members in good standing, etc.
  • Paddle Directors Meeting;
    • Paddle directors meeting – Aug 27th 6:30 pm at Hawaiian Dream Property office.  Jim to set agenda  and send out email

 

 

Surf Ski Maintenance

  • No update; Daniel will fix it and we will donate to kids club in Kona

 

Paying Dues online 2015 and beyond

  • Paypal is up and running.  As is Square.  We can hopefully use these for online payments last year.   We might have issues though because they can pay without forms which is already a problem.

 

OC1 Rack space lease terms

  • Mike requested to be able to pay rack dues online, Michelle reviewing options
  • Ric re-wrote fee section of rack agreement– brought a copy to meeting and will send to whole board electronically
  • Michelle will see if we can add the wait list online

 

GWCR committee;

  • 25th Annual GWCR Race!
  • Shirts ordered
  • 10 mile +/- race determined the day of
  • Looking to do a few additional shirts specific for retail (tanks, others) as we are only ordering actual race shirts specific for the crews, potentially do pareo’s (limited to about 20), Mike asked about hats
  • Awards mock up, koa wood paddles w/WCC on one side and GWCR engraved on other side.
  • Need escort boats; Have 2 and June should be providing jetskis.  Jeb is supposed to contact to verify.

 

Financials

  • Ric brought category report – see above in financials. 

 

Finalizing all membership submissions

  • Jennifer will email remaining adults including Rec for 2014 waivers
  • Ric had volunteered to take rec photos previously.  REMOVE from minutes/agenda as we don’t need this.
  • Jim will ask to get the new year HCRA waiver earlier for 2015

 

New Business

  • Ted motioned club buy a recorder (Ric has one to provide actually) to record meetings for the purpose of the minutes.  Record meetings going forward.  Unanimously approved.
  • Ric requested to please try to send out minutes sooner after meetings, when possible.

 

None

 

Meeting adjourned 7:52 PM

  • Next meeting will be September 3, 2014, 6:30 pm at Hawaiian Dream Property office.