Waikoloa Canoe Club
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
NOTE: These minutes were amended to correct mentions of “Johnny Pukea” to “Bobby Pukea.”
The meeting convened at 6:01 PM on August 5, 2015, at Hawaiian Dream Properties office in Waikoloa Village.
Secretary in attendance and recorder of minutes: Kyle Combes
Board members present: Harold van Doren (via phone), Jim Albone, Lisa Legler, Kyle Combes, Mike Bernstone, Mike Chinquee, Ted Cassinelli
Board members absent: Chris Nilsen
Head coach Daniel Legler present.
Members in attendance: Guy Davis, Marcie Davis, Sarah Balanger, Hiʻilei Aldridge
Vice President Ted Cassinelli opened the meeting.
Previous meeting minutes
- Mike B. motions to accept minutes. Mike CQ 2nds; unanimous approval.
Treasurer’s Report (Mike B.)
- Finally received $1000 from Ironman, got $300 from Hilton, waiting on SAP
- Inventory hadn’t been kept track of; cleared balance sheet, starting fresh
Coach’s Report (Daniel)
- Regatta season over. 4 crews qualified for States
- Scored 27 points at States
- Going to hold kapuna practice evenings Tuesday/Thursday mornings at 7:30am
MOKU Report (Lisa)
- Everything centered around States, done
Equipment Report (Daniel)
- Kama O Kalani
- Bill Rosehill never responded
- Ray Bumatay wants $40,000 to redo entire canoe, willing to take $10,000 off, pay over 2 years
- Went over boat with Bobby Pukea, agrees with what Daniel has said on repairs; would take 2 seasons for him to repair
- Will ask for quote
- Bobby said canoe should be stored upside-down, take out and flip monthly
- Not here
- Still working on gaining control over domain name
- Secured access to Square account, working on PayPal
- Arrived, need to pick them up
- Cost for club to purchase: $13.50/rashguard, $11/hat
Fundraiser Status (Jim)
Training and Certification for Beach Directors (Daniel)
- Everyone trained
- Need more beach directors
Koa Inventory Verification (Daniel)
- Hasn’t had an opportunity to talk to Bill Rosehill, been talking about other things
Great Waikoloa Canoe Race (Daniel)
- Band, food secured; need servers
- 2-day event; OC-1s on day 2
- Has required permits, shouldn’t have any issues with Army on beach
- Lisa wants to get 2 porta-potties for women (only two working stalls)
- Need people to manage parking
Paddle Order Status (Mike CQ)
- Paddles finished, shipping soon
Financial Support for Extended Racing Programs (Off-Island LD Races)
- Tabled until next meeting
Renting Canoes for State’s
- Lisa motions to reaffirm unanimous decision via email to spend $400 to rent two canoes for State’s women’s race crews. Mike CQ 2nds; unanimous approval.
Family Paddle Day (Lisa)
- Would like to turn Saturdays (after racing season) into family day where keiki and adults paddle together
- Will try in November
- Reviewed previous discussion points, finished discussing points 1-9 out of 17
Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 6:00 PM at Hawaiian Dream Properties.
Meeting adjourned 7:50 PM.