Waikoloa Canoe Club
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
The meeting convened at 6:08 PM on August 3, 2016, at the Waikoloa Village Association conference room.
Secretary in attendance and recorder of minutes: Rami Ring
Board members present: Lisa Legler, Mike Bernstone, Kyle Combes, Bob Risley, Steve Columbo, Guy Davis, Rami Ring
Board members absent: Jim Albone, Aron Risley
Head coach Bob Risley present.
Members in attendance: Daniel Legler, Philip Beasley, Kalani Kaili, Robert Ching, Ilima Ching, Vicki Serrao, Randy Ring, Jun Balanga, Chris Young
President Lisa Legler opened the meeting.
Previous meeting minutes
- Bob motions to approve minutes with amendments; unanimous approval.
- Anonymous donor matching donations up to $5,000 for Koa canoe restoration, $1636 towards the match has been raised
- Not much financial activity this month
- Entered 3 crews in last weekend’s race, all did well
- 50’s men practicing for next race
Kama O Kalani Repairs (Daniel)
- Great progress being made, doing a quality job
- Mike makes a motion to send $10,000 progress payment, seconded by Steve; unanimous approval.
Equipment Report (Guy)
- Naupaka repainted
- Steer blades in bad shape, remind everyone to take care when using
- Steve took care of trailer registration, safety; copies available through Treasurer
- Need to buy 4 new tires for trailer, Steve to get pricing
- Mike motions to spend no more than $800 on 4 tires for the trailer; Steve seconds; unanimous approval
Fundraisers (Jim and John)
- Jim not present
- Email update from John (attached)
- Effective next week practice to be Tues, Wed, Thurs afternoon at 4:45 at Surf Park, 4 canoes available
- Need to inquire about morning practices on those 3 days for race paddlers & Ohana
Canoe Damage Report
- Kyle created a form for damage report to canoes, to be put in folders at beach
- No one on the bylaws committee is present
Policy for Off-Island Crew Sponsorship
- Bob to head committee to plan policy for off-island paddling spending
Next meeting scheduled for Wed, Sept. 7, 2016 at 6:00 PM at Waikoloa Village Association conference room.
Meeting adjourned 6:46 PM