Posted by on Jul 19, 2013 in Minutes | Comments Off on Minutes – June 13th, 2012

Waikoloa Canoe Club

Board of Director Meeting Minutes

June 13, 2012

The meeting convened at 6:30 PM on June 13, 2012 at Hawaiian Dreams Office in Waikoloa Village.

 

All board members present except Ric Rapp.  WCC members in attendance: Martin Pratt.

 

President Jim Albone opened the meeting.

 

Acceptance of Previous Minutes

May 9, 2012 meeting minutes approved.

 

Secretary’s Report: Jennifer Bolstad

Nothing to report

 

Treasurer’s Report: Michelle Gautier

  • See Treasurer’s report for financials.
  • Honu monies have not come in yet, expecting $900.
  • Bruce reviewed insurance, will present at next board meeting. 

 

Coach’s Report: Derek Park

  • Adult long distance season around the corner, 5 more Regattas left.
  • Keiki has more new members signed up over the last week, adults helping more at keiki practice.
  • Discussion about attendance at practice

 

Moku Update:  Jim Albone

  • No real updates, having lots of computer problems at races.
  • With Jim on computer’s and Derek on Officials boat we have the tent covered.
  • Penalties are tougher this year, numerous interferences particularly on the turns.

 

Equipment Report: Derek Park

  • Iakos 2 sets returned and look great, have Mike’s phone number and will get in touch to finish remaining except KOA and Kuakini. 
  • OC1 Rack builds; Derek and Martin take measurements, dimensions, check Fairmont’s racks.  Design has to be done and sent to WLC for approval.
  • Keiki paddles came in
  • Paddle racks inside shed need to be rebuilt, should get rid of old paddles, idea to donate to Lava Lava for decoration
  • Paddles need refinishing and some just re-taping.  This weekend will bring half of the adult’s paddles for club to re-tape at races and give to Bob to return to shed Sunday for rec paddle.
  • New saddles are awesome, Tahitian saddles on the list next.  

 

KOA Log: Kim Pratt

  • Atherton is done and happy with report. 
  • Bill is starting to do the final mill to the planks this month.  Likely need to pay 50% up front to start the canoe, plans to start in July with plans to finish in August.
  • Motion by Michael to earmark all new fundraising efforts this year toward the completion of the Koa and any remaining funds go back to the general fund.  Derek seconded.  Unanimously approved. 

 

Paddling Regulations:

  • Review discussion with modifications.  Bob to update.    

Old Business:

 

Bylaws Revision: Committee: Adrea, Jenn, Derek, Michelle, and Johanna Lyman

  • Sent new Bylaws to board for preliminary review, all board to review and submit changes.
  • Also sent a code of conduct draft to review.

 

Forms:

  • Outstanding item: Updating membership forms and waivers with additional language “can swim, in good health, etc.” and that persons must be able to swim and are in good health to perform strenuous activity for at least one hour.  Jim will update all forms.

 

Upcoming Events: Michael

  • Waikoloa market BBQ this Friday from 3 to 6 pm.  Sell plates for $10, steak, rice, corn.  Committed to sell 75 plates (cost at $4.20).
  • September 29th event at Lava Lava Beach Club from Incentives Hawaii, 4 canoes for 1.5 hours, $1,000. 50% monies received already.
  • Ironman, we have one possible aid station

 

GWCR: Committee; Bob, Michael, Adrea, Jenn

  • Michael idea to ask Lava Lava if they want to sponsor t-shirts
  • Makoff, and Witherspoon have boats secured, still need one more boat
  • Michael took boats permit forms from Jim to complete
  • Moku PA system won’t be available, Jim idea that maybe we might want to purchase PA, or see if the band can supply PA.

 

Waikoloa Land Company

  • Outstanding follow up yet on gate keys and security plans, Jim will handle

 

Late year registrations discussion

  • Leave pricing and policy as is and if special situation occurs handle on a one off basis, clarify more on membership form (Jim)

               

OC-1 donation by Ed Doherty

  • Sold and donated to the Sakai’s

Waikoloa Canoe Club Membership ID card 

  • Membership cards cost $2.25 each and can print our cards.  Table for now.

 

New Business

 

S/M/W/F 6 AM Paddle

  • Cole has not been attending this paddle time.  Is anyone going out, need to approach regular attendees for a program director.  Michelle will talk to members attending.  Michael will ask Cole if he intends to continue to run this paddle session.

 

TV Crew

  • Tomorrow’s filming is postponed indefinitely and parents and club will be notified when/if it will come back around.

 

Ric message

  • Ric sent email that he won’t be around until after September.  Discussion; there’s no need for him to voluntary resign he can participate via email etc.

 

Bishop Museum email: Jim

  • 2/3’s vote was for the purple original logo

 

For the rest of the year moving meeting to the 2nd Wednesday of the month.

 

Next meeting July 11th, 6:30 pm at Hawaiian Dreams office

Meeting adjourned 8:18PM