Posted by on Mar 6, 2017 in Minutes | Comments Off on BoD Meeting Minutes: Feb. 1, 2017

Waikoloa Canoe Club

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Feb. 1, 2017

The meeting convened at   7:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2017 at the Waikoloa Village Association community meeting room.

Secretary in attendance and recorder of minutes:  Rami Ring

Board members present:  Lisa Legler, Jim Albone, Steve Columbo, Mike Chin-Quee, Phillip Beasley,  Rami Ring

Head Coach Ed Teixeira present

Board members absent:  Lyle Cabacungan, Guy Davis, John Ciambrone

Other members present:  Daniel Legler, Robert Ching, Randy Ring

President Lisa Legler opened the meeting.

  • Jim motioned to approve minutes from last month, Steve seconds, all approve
  • Treasurer’s Report (Phillip)
    • Final payment for Koa has been made, still owe for iakos
    • Membership and fees about the same as last year
  • Coach’s Report (Ed)
    • First meeting-emphasizing individual training, conditioning
    • Practices- Tues., Thurs. (5 PM – sunset), Sat (7:45-10:00)
    • Junior program- flyers have been made to distribute to Waikoloa School and Waimea School
  • Moku Report (Lisa)
    • Meeting scheduled for 11th, Lisa will receive schedule for races on that day
  • Kama O Ka Lani (Lisa/Rami)
    • Saddles for trailer have been completed, Daniel will pick up canoe and bring to beach Friday evening.
    • Mike CQ makes a motion to make a single canoe saddle for koa storage, seconded by Phil, all approve.
    • The blessing has now been changed to 2:30, Rami to send program for blessing to the board.  Jim motioned for $200 donation to Danny Akaka for doing the blessing.  Mike seconds, Phillip agrees, Rami & Steve abstain.
  • Equipment Report (Steve)
    • No repair necessary on J-6
  • Fundraisers
    • Lavaman (Phillip)- $1500 to be donated to club if we cover areas we are asked to cover, Phillip continues to seek help, especially with tear down on Sunday.  E-mail to be sent out end of Feb. to remind everyone about the event and solicit help.
    • Great Waikoloa Canoe Race (8/26/17)- letter to be sent out to GM of Marriott for donation of food for event.  Other areas we will need to work on:
      • Flyers- Jim & Phillip will do
      • New entry form
      • Divisions
      • Order medals
      • Entertainment (band, games)
      • Whether or not to do t-shirts
  • Unfinished business
    • Membership drive- 2/4, 2/11, 2/12.  Banners have been put up already
    • Membership application- Phillip has produced a new membership application and has made a motion to adopt said application with suggested changes.  Steve seconds the motion, approved by all.
    • Rules for club-sponsored off-island races was handed out, will discuss next month.
  • New Business
    • Lisa presented the board with a proposal from Doug regarding new dollies, will decide on acceptance at the next meeting
    • Apparel sales- will discuss next month

Next meeting will be on Wed., Mar. 1, 2017 at 6:00 PM in the WVA conference room.

Rami motions to adjourn, Steve seconds, Meeting adjourned at  8:30 PM.