Waikoloa Canoe Club
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Feb. 1, 2017
The meeting convened at 7:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2017 at the Waikoloa Village Association community meeting room.
Secretary in attendance and recorder of minutes: Rami Ring
Board members present: Lisa Legler, Jim Albone, Steve Columbo, Mike Chin-Quee, Phillip Beasley, Rami Ring
Head Coach Ed Teixeira present
Board members absent: Lyle Cabacungan, Guy Davis, John Ciambrone
Other members present: Daniel Legler, Robert Ching, Randy Ring
President Lisa Legler opened the meeting.
- Jim motioned to approve minutes from last month, Steve seconds, all approve
- Treasurer’s Report (Phillip)
- Final payment for Koa has been made, still owe for iakos
- Membership and fees about the same as last year
- Coach’s Report (Ed)
- First meeting-emphasizing individual training, conditioning
- Practices- Tues., Thurs. (5 PM – sunset), Sat (7:45-10:00)
- Junior program- flyers have been made to distribute to Waikoloa School and Waimea School
- Moku Report (Lisa)
- Meeting scheduled for 11th, Lisa will receive schedule for races on that day
- Kama O Ka Lani (Lisa/Rami)
- Saddles for trailer have been completed, Daniel will pick up canoe and bring to beach Friday evening.
- Mike CQ makes a motion to make a single canoe saddle for koa storage, seconded by Phil, all approve.
- The blessing has now been changed to 2:30, Rami to send program for blessing to the board. Jim motioned for $200 donation to Danny Akaka for doing the blessing. Mike seconds, Phillip agrees, Rami & Steve abstain.
- Equipment Report (Steve)
- No repair necessary on J-6
- Lavaman (Phillip)- $1500 to be donated to club if we cover areas we are asked to cover, Phillip continues to seek help, especially with tear down on Sunday. E-mail to be sent out end of Feb. to remind everyone about the event and solicit help.
- Great Waikoloa Canoe Race (8/26/17)- letter to be sent out to GM of Marriott for donation of food for event. Other areas we will need to work on:
- Flyers- Jim & Phillip will do
- New entry form
- Order medals
- Entertainment (band, games)
- Whether or not to do t-shirts
- Unfinished business
- Membership drive- 2/4, 2/11, 2/12. Banners have been put up already
- Membership application- Phillip has produced a new membership application and has made a motion to adopt said application with suggested changes. Steve seconds the motion, approved by all.
- Rules for club-sponsored off-island races was handed out, will discuss next month.
- New Business
- Lisa presented the board with a proposal from Doug regarding new dollies, will decide on acceptance at the next meeting
- Apparel sales- will discuss next month
Next meeting will be on Wed., Mar. 1, 2017 at 6:00 PM in the WVA conference room.
Rami motions to adjourn, Steve seconds, Meeting adjourned at 8:30 PM.