Posted by on Jan 26, 2018 in Minutes | Comments Off on BoD Meeting Minutes: Dec. 6, 2017

Waikoloa Canoe Club

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Dec. 6, 2017

 

John Ciambrone called the meeting to order at 6:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2017 at the Waikoloa Village Association conference room.

 

Recorder of minutes:  Rami Ring

 

Board members present:  John Ciambrone, Jim Albone, Mike Chin-Quee, Guy Davis, Rami Ring

 

Head Coach Ed Teixeira present

 

Board members absent:  Lisa Legler, Steve Columbo

 

Other members present:  Chuck Pfaff, Jun Balanga, Jade Bowman, Henry Biscardi, Kalani Kaili, Cliff Gilley

 

  • Minutes from the previous meeting was reviewed and approved by all.  Jim motioned to approve, motion seconded, all approved.
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • John will check with Mike to make sure $8000 check went out.
  • Coach’s Report
    • Coach Ed expressed concern if there will be enough canoes with snowbirds coming back, but so far so good.  At times there are 8 canoes going out.
    • Some beach directors will be leaving/going on trips.  Coach Ed appointed Henry Biscardi as a beach director.
    • Rami to send out an email reiterating recreational paddling times again.
  • Equipment Report
    • Guys, Steve & Ed did an inspection of all canoes.  J1, J4, J5 need some work.
    • Ho’o maluo quote of $3830 to fix leaks, sand & finish.  There was a comment to fiberglass the interior, but Bill Rosehill is not willing to put fiberglass in koa canoe.  Mike suggests selling the canoe.
    • Tahitian (strip canoe)- Ed still needs to take in water for allege leak.
    • Jim makes a motion to do repairs to J1.  The Board has given Ed permission to use his discretion to fix as he sees fit up to a total charge of not more than $2000.  Guy seconds.  All are in favor.
    • Jim makes a motion to send Ho’o maluo to Bill Rosehill as soon as possible to do the repairs as quoted.  Rami seconds.  All approve.
    • Ed will do inventory on paddles tomorrow.
    • Generator sold for $300
  • Moku Report
    • Jim informed the board of various changes to Moku
  • HCRA
    • Jim informed the board of various changes to HCRA
  • Unfinished Business
    • Annual meeting-To be Dec. 16 at 10:00 am at WVA community meeting room.  Marcie taking care of electronic voting, Vicki will be picking up the last of the mail-in ballots, Rami will bring paper ballots to the meeting.
    • Malibu T-shirts contact-John will get contact info from Lisa
  • New Business
    • Inventory on T-shirts to be done to determine reorder

 

The next meeting will be the annual meeting on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:00 am at the WVA community meeting room.