Waikoloa Canoe Club
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Dec. 6, 2017
John Ciambrone called the meeting to order at 6:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2017 at the Waikoloa Village Association conference room.
Recorder of minutes: Rami Ring
Board members present: John Ciambrone, Jim Albone, Mike Chin-Quee, Guy Davis, Rami Ring
Head Coach Ed Teixeira present
Board members absent: Lisa Legler, Steve Columbo
Other members present: Chuck Pfaff, Jun Balanga, Jade Bowman, Henry Biscardi, Kalani Kaili, Cliff Gilley
- Minutes from the previous meeting was reviewed and approved by all. Jim motioned to approve, motion seconded, all approved.
- Treasurer’s Report
- John will check with Mike to make sure $8000 check went out.
- Coach’s Report
- Coach Ed expressed concern if there will be enough canoes with snowbirds coming back, but so far so good. At times there are 8 canoes going out.
- Some beach directors will be leaving/going on trips. Coach Ed appointed Henry Biscardi as a beach director.
- Rami to send out an email reiterating recreational paddling times again.
- Equipment Report
- Guys, Steve & Ed did an inspection of all canoes. J1, J4, J5 need some work.
- Ho’o maluo quote of $3830 to fix leaks, sand & finish. There was a comment to fiberglass the interior, but Bill Rosehill is not willing to put fiberglass in koa canoe. Mike suggests selling the canoe.
- Tahitian (strip canoe)- Ed still needs to take in water for allege leak.
- Jim makes a motion to do repairs to J1. The Board has given Ed permission to use his discretion to fix as he sees fit up to a total charge of not more than $2000. Guy seconds. All are in favor.
- Jim makes a motion to send Ho’o maluo to Bill Rosehill as soon as possible to do the repairs as quoted. Rami seconds. All approve.
- Ed will do inventory on paddles tomorrow.
- Generator sold for $300
- Moku Report
- Jim informed the board of various changes to Moku
- Jim informed the board of various changes to HCRA
- Unfinished Business
- Annual meeting-To be Dec. 16 at 10:00 am at WVA community meeting room. Marcie taking care of electronic voting, Vicki will be picking up the last of the mail-in ballots, Rami will bring paper ballots to the meeting.
- Malibu T-shirts contact-John will get contact info from Lisa
- New Business
- Inventory on T-shirts to be done to determine reorder
The next meeting will be the annual meeting on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:00 am at the WVA community meeting room.