Waikoloa Canoe Club
Board of Director Meeting Minutes
August 8, 2012
The meeting convened at 6:33 PM on August 8, 2012 at Hawaiian Dreams Office in Waikoloa Village.
All board members present except Ric Rapp. WCC members in attendance: Helgi Spencer Olafson
President Jim Albone opened the meeting.
Acceptance of Previous Minutes
July 11, 2012 meeting minutes approved.
Treasurer’s Report: Michelle Gautier
- See Treasurer’s report for financials.
- Payment of the $2835.11 is for the shirts for GWCR
- Payment of the Honu, $900 received.
Coach’s Report: Jeb Goss & Derek Park
- New paddlers coming out now, Michelle noted some issues getting registered on HCRA, sent message to Aloha
Moku Update: Jim Albone
- No updates, no meeting past month
Equipment Report: Derek Park
- OC1 Rack builds; Derek has light sketch of wood and pipe box rack to fit 40 in place of current racks. Design has to be done and sent to WLC for approval. Martin, Greg, & Kea are going to spearhead the building.
- Paddle racks inside shed need to be rebuilt; Derek will look at plans to rebuild.
- 2 sets of Iakos are being repaired now, only 1 remaining set after these are back, will send after he returns along with paddles to re-finish.
- Received measurements for an ama holder for the trailer.
- Kama O Ka Lani was spot repaired.
- Dollie, steel is ordered, other parts on order, will begin assembly once received.
KOA Log: Kim Pratt / Jim Albone
- Conversation regarding Bill’s new quote for Koa canoe. Jim will go back to Bill to get a written quote and scope of work. Derek to go back to Odie for a written quote and scope of work.
Bylaws Revision: Committee: Adrea, Jenn, Derek, Michelle, and Johanna Lyman
- Sent new Bylaws to board review. Motion by Derek to accept the Bylaws and take them to the membership for review. Bruce 2nd. Unanimously approved. Michelle will email club for feedback.
- Policies, Procedures, & Code of Conduct. Motion by Jennifer to accept and post online. Derek 2nd. Unanimously approved.
Upcoming Events: Michael
- September 29th event at Lava Lava Beach Club from Incentives Hawaii (contract already done and paid 50% in advance already)
- October 14th event not yet final but looking $3500, this is through Incentives Hawaii, still a go (Jim will prepare a contract)
- Ironman, we have one aid station, bicycle station both sides of highway at Hapuna same as in past years, October 13th ($500)
GWCR: Committee; Bob, Michael, Adrea, Jenn
- Medals review, review of divisions
- T-shirts, review design
- Adrea, Table-cloths for this year
- Bruce, sending in PSA’s time at 7:45, coaches meeting at 7:30
- Review GWCR smart plan.
Waikoloa Land Company
- Outstanding follow up yet on gate keys and security plans, Jim will handle
Waikoloa Canoe Club Membership ID card
- Jim found card stock options for next year. Michael motion to print cards for remaining of the year on regular business card. 2nd Michelle. Unanimously approved. Michael will find business card stock.
- For next year: ID cards to include printed logo etc. and fill in name, expiration, HCRA number space. Cards to start next year as validation of completion of membership. This would be a “receipt” of registration completion.
- Jim send Michelle membership forms to insert new wording
- No settings to require approval of postings. If inappropriate administrators can remove.
6am Recreation Paddle:
- No one has committed to continuously run the program. Without a program director message will go to club cancelling program.
- Discussion on late year registration dues prices and petition on behalf of specific paddlers. Michael motion to make a onetime exception for 50% dues for petitioned paddlers noted by Derek for remaining season but the policy for standard membership dues remains. Derek 2nd. Passed 4 to 3 vote.
Next meeting September 12th, 6:30 pm at Hawaiian Dreams office
Meeting adjourned 8:16PM