Posted by on Jan 19, 2017 in Minutes | Comments Off on Minutes: Dec. 7, 2016

Waikoloa Canoe Club

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Dec. 7, 2016

The meeting convened at  6:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2016 at the Waikoloa Village Association conference room.

Secretary in attendance and recorder of minutes:  Rami Ring

Board members present:  Lisa Legler, Jim Albone, Guy Davis, Bob Risley, Rami Ring

Board members absent:  Steve Columbo, Aron Risley, Mike Bernstone

Members in attendance:  Phillip Beasley, Daniel Legler, Mac Amos, Jeb Goss, Randy Ring, Chris Young, Kalani Kaili, Johanna Park, Ilima Ching, Robert Ching, Kevin Perry, Marcie Davis

President Lisa Legler opened the meeting.

Previous meeting minutes

  • Jim motions to approve, Bob seconds, Guy obstains, Lisa and Rami approve.

Treasurer’s Report (Mike)

  • See attached

Moku Report (Lisa)

  • Jim Albone will not be on the Board next year
  • New rules & policies have all been passed with the exception of:
    • Strip koas allowed in races
    • States being held in Hilo next year

HCRA Report (Lisa)

  • Insurance going up due to a lot of claims this year

Kama O Kalani Repair (Daniel)

  • Nearing completion, 1 more week to dry, then work on iakos will begin
    • Blessing of canoe set for Sat., 2/11/17 12:00-3:00
    • Rami to coordinate potluck, get leis, coconut water

Equipment Report (Guy)

  • Aloha Machine & Welding in Hilo gave us a proposal for $3500 for trailer repairs/sandblasting.  Jim motions to do repairs with a budget of $4000 (to cover extras not included in proposal), Guy seconds; approved by all.
    • Daniel to take trailer to Hilo next week
  • Iakos, sanded & painted and new saddles thanks to Guy, Steve, Phil and Mike CQ
  • Bob to take old tires & old saddles to Waimea transfer station
  • New cover needed for J-1 and repairs needed on 4-man cover.  Guy contacted Beth for estimate on repairs.  Jim motions to allow up to $400 for material for cover for J-1, Rami seconds; approved by all
  • One ama needs to be fixed (large gash), Jim to ask Gonzo about possibility of fixing & cost

Fundraisers

  • Nothing to report

Unfinished Business

  • By Laws Committee update
    • Guy makes a motion to accept the suggested By-Laws with changes, Bob seconds, Jim & Rami approve.  *Note:  Jim is accepting only the supplemental changes to By-Laws presented at the meeting, not all of the recent changes to the By-Laws already approved.
    • Rami to post new By-Laws on WCC website, and send e-mail to club notifying of suggested changes to By-Laws
  • Off-island race policy
    • Bob presented policy, tabled to next meeting
  • 2017 coaching position
    • One applicant expressed interest and showed up at meeting, but withdrew her application once learning it was not a paid position

New Business

  • Election of new board
    • Marcie Davis will be in charge of absentee voting, those interested in absentee voting needs to contact her for form
    • Voting can be done in person, online and mail-in
    • Rami to put ballot onto website for mail-in voting purposes
  • Club e-mail list
    • Marcie sent club e-mail list to Lisa & Rami
  • Steersman staying together as per paddling rules
    • Beach director needs to be respected by all and his decisions need to be abided by, including direction canoes will go for the day and staying together.  Lisa to send out an e-mail to the club reminding all of policies/procedures of Ohana paddling.

Next meeting will be the annual meeting on Sat., Jan. 7,  2017 12:00 noon in the WVA community meeting room.

Meeting adjourned at 7:31 PM.